Sunday, June 26, 2016

~* Book & Movie Review*~Me Before You by Jojo Meyes

#Daughternumber2 read Me Before You by JoJo Moyes back at the End of April, Beginning of May. She gave it 5 stars and was such an emotional mess after reading it that I think I was taken aback by it. I am ashamed to admit that it took me weeks to pick up the book. I think part of it was because I was afraid that I wouldn't like the movie (and I really wanted to like the movie!) or that it wouldn't live up to all the hype.
I did however pick up the book. I made plans with #DaughterNumber2 to see the movie on a Sunday afternoon. So Friday night I picked the book up. I was impressed, and loved being in a English (British) book. There is just something about the language that I love. I started feeling connected to the main character, but also started to feel the pain, and sorrow that must of been going through Will and his parents. While this was a super interesting and REAL story,  I was caught off guard by all the feels I had. I went through every emotion possible while reading this story! I latterly finished the book 20 minutes before leaving to see the movie! Now I am vary familiar  with book to movie adaptions. And as far as those go, this was a pretty good adaption. I understand the scenes that were cut, and can understand why. I however had a few issues with the near end of the story and how things were changed for the movie verses the book. I wish that part was closer to the story.

Overall I give the Book 4 1/2 Stars and the movie 4 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment