Saturday, December 17, 2016

Book Review: Burn It Down by Dee Ellis




First I have to say that I am simple amazed at what Dee Ellis gives us in her books with her amazing writing. I'm always blown away and so honored when she asked me to help Beta Read her novels. With that being said, his is still an honest review!

This is book two in the Burn Series. In this book we get Finn and Gigi's story. We are introduced to them in book 1 so we all were waiting for their story, and I wasn't disappointed one bit.
The beginning helped reintroduce the story of Finn and Gigi and how they got together, on the down low. I wish I could Gibb's slap Finn for not wanting to scream from the roof top that Gigi was his'. Guys can be so dumb sometimes. But that's why this book works so well. Its real, its gritty and funny along with heartfelt and sexy.

So here's the back story. Finn Cooper is a Chicago Fire Fighter (I know right ;) ) He has been friends with Cage Cooper forever. Cage Coopers sister is Gigi Cooper. A College student who is as much a part of Finn's life because of being BFF with her brother. However Finn has been a man whore tagging all the badge bunnies while Gigi just waits and watch. Finn has never touched Gigi due to the bro-code, but one night that all changes. While these two fight their passion and lust for each other, hey end up falling into a relationship which is fun, comfortable and sexy as hell. However they are not sharing this with anyone. So of course its a recipe for disaster. One night Cage finds these two together and Finn doesn't say what he should, which is basically claiming Gigi, so what is she left to do...... She walks. I man can you blame her? However even hr feelings for Finn have gone deeper than she expected, but she's so unsure of herself and her feelings.

I seriously yelled at these characters to get their shit together, because A.) They are perfect for each other. B) They both want to be together. C) Everything will work out in the end if they give it a chance.
We do get a nice HEA with no cliff hangers. However Dee Ellis gives us a glimpse into more of our Firehouse boys that I hope she decides to write about next. I can't wait for what next!

5 STARS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment