Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Bait and Switch by Kendall Ryan





First let me say that Ms Ryan is a new favorite author of mine. When I woke up this morning and was notified that Bait & Switch was on my kindle app, I was soooooo excited. Normally I read one book at a time from start to finish. I can't read two or three books at the same time, because for me I don't dive deeep enough into either story to get a true sense for it. Plus often I start mixing up story lines and characters, which is confusing. But I was so excited to read this book that I stopped reading the novel that I was half way through just so I could devour this lovey in one afternoon!

This is the first book in a new Alpha series. This book is set up very differently then most of today's romantic fiction. We have the pint of view change each chapter which is refreshing, but we also have a fe chapters were we have a yesterday person who sound demented and definitely up to something, but we don't know who this person is, how they ar conn cited, and to which character they are after. I personally loved, Lacey and Nolan.

 Nolan is ex navy seal who now works for a security firm (similar to some other stories out their). The whole book doesn't revolve around his macho work life,but actually reflects on the D/s relationship he's been involved in for the last 2 years with one of his best friends. Then in Ali's this sweet little thing who has some secrets. Lacey seems like she has a sorted past. She moved to Texas and works a shitty part time job and an animal shelter. Why don't get into the juice seat ails of who she rally is until later in the book. We do however have Nolan and his feelings of not wanting love, and not rally understanding any emotion until it bites him in the ass. 

I loved the character development in this book. The characters seemed real to me, which I really loved. The writing was well done, as well as the edits. The story is steady with a few twists and turns that leave you wondering what's going on. Definitely worth picking up, and I can't wait to see if the next book is about Greyson!


No comments:

Post a Comment