Friday, January 29, 2016

ARC Saving Steel by Anne Jolin

First let me say that I received a advanced readers copy of Saving Steele a Book 5 in the Rock Falls Series by Anne Jolin in return for my honest book review.
OMG! I just finished Saving Steele and I am floored! I can not believe what a mess I am after inhaling this book. I started late last night reading, and continued this afternoon until I was done. Let me say that while this is book 5 of a series, this is actually my very first book that I have read from this author. With that being said this book could definitely be a stand alone book, however there are so many characters that are on the edge of many scenes that I have every intention of grabbing the first book in this series and continue on through them.

The characters were so well developed. They were so real. Jackson is a contractor business owner, who gets the surprise of his life when his 6 year old son Ryker  he never knew existed shows up on his doorstep. Then when Ryker starts first grade, Jackson gets to meet his teacher, the obsessive post it note, control freak Miss Kennedy Cross. While both Jackson and Kennedy have major life issues that have turned them into the people they are, they find each other and start to build this relationship that includes Ryker. We learn that all there of these characters are flawed, and have wounds that we cant see. Just when you think things are going well, life throws a monkey wrench in. The twists and turns that the novel takes were heart wrenching. This book made me laugh, made me cry, made me nervous, and made me hot!

I was so surprised with how easy it was to get sucked in by the authors amazing writing. I can not wait to go back and start the series from the beginning to read more about these characters and this world she has so masterfully created. I also am crossing my fingers that the next book of the Rock Fall Series we can see a happy ever after for Colt. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment