Sunday, January 1, 2017

Book Review System



Hi there! With the New Year I figured I'd explain (to the best of my abilities) how  I go about my 5 Stars I leave for reviews.
Most web based sites like Amazon, and Good Reads only offer a 5 Star rating system.
So here is how I think when I'm rating a book for review.




I HATE giving lo ratings, but will for those books that I hate. Which, honestly are few and far between.
1 Star review: is a book I can't read. If I can't get through the first few chapters without putting the book down, it gets 1 Star.
2 Star Review: I give only 2 stars for books that I get a little father (usually 50% through) before I stop reading. These are books that might hook me in the beginning, but often lose my interest half way through the story.
   3 Star Review: For a 3 Star I often finish the story or almost finish it. These books often have huge grammatical issues that cause me to have issue with the reading. They often have issues with the story line too.
Now I go the 1/2 star ratings.
3.5 or 3 1/2 Star Reviews: Are often the lowest review post that most PR companies want you to post in sites like Amazon. Usually if it's any lower they don't want you to post you review.  A 3.5 Star Review for me is usually the story that just doesn't do anything for me. It's not a good story, but not a bad story. here's are often things I don't like about the writing, and other things I do. So I'm often at this mid point for books.
4 Stars: is for the books that I like, but I could take or leave them. They usually have some issues with spelling, maybe formatting. The stories themselves I often find errors, like a person or place is mentioned in the beginning but when referenced later is an error, which causes some confusion in reading. These stories I like, but I don't love.

4.5 Stars Review: This rating is for those books that I love, but aren't perfect. Maybe there is something in the story that I didn't just love. I often enjoy the writing. However these stories may stay with me, if I don't remember the characters names then it's not a 5 Star Review.

5  Star Review: These are the stories that I just love. These stories stay with me, the characters effect me on a emotional level.  The books are almost perfect, with spelling & grammar errors. I give 5 stars for books very infrequently.

And there you have it! And I dea of how I go about my ratings when I review a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment